FLOOD PROTECTION SOLUTIONS DEMOUNTABLE FLOOD BARRIER
Flooding is a natural phenomenon that cannot be prevented. However, modern flood protection systems can prevent floods from causing extensive damage. So, if you’re well-prepared, you can protect your possessions and property from damage.
THE ADVANTAGES OF PREFA FLOOD PROTECTION:
- suitable for private individuals and companies
- can be used as property and perimeter protection
- system made from strong aluminium
- can be installed by just one person
- quick and easy to install
- easy to store
- ready to use at all times
- Colour can be adapted to the property to be protected.
- complete system
- customisable adaptation and extension possible
DEMOUNTABLE FLOOD BARRIER – TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- 1 wall profile: U- or H-profile, permanently built into the masonry or installed in, behind or in front of, the reveal.
- 2 barrier panels: lowest barrier panel connected to the ground seal (point 3).
- 3 ground seal: for sealing between the lowest barrier panel and the ground.
- 4 centre column (round profile): for long and multi-level rafters, these uprights can be used as intermediate columns.
- 5 compression clamp: for clamping the barrier panels in place.
- 6 retainer: prevents horizontal and vertical deflection of the barrier panels.
- 7 ground sleeve: sleeve fixed in the ground with concrete for inserting the centre column.
- 8 wall bracket: for storing the barrier panels when not in use.
- 9 cover: for covering the wall profiles when not in use.
- 10 storage casing: for covering the panels when stored outdoors.
BARRIER PANELS (PROPERTY AND PERIMETER PROTECTION)
The profile is made from a robust aluminium alloy and, as it requires very little maintenance, it can be stored for long periods without rusting. The profiles are available in three thicknesses (25 mm, 50 mm and 80 mm). Taller designs and wider span widths are possible with the 80-mm system. The aluminium profiles can be easily stacked together via the tongue and groove system. The insertion barrier panels ensure a high level of stability and maximum safety. Both sides of the profiles are inserted into the mounting profiles and fixed at the top by compression clamps. The profiles are available up to a length of 6 m and can be stacked up to a height of 3 metres. Calculating the static load is strongly recommended. The inserted system seal is made of EPDM foam rubber and can easily be replaced if necessary. After use, it is essential to clean and inspect the profile and seals to make sure that they can be used again in the future.
The PREFA flood protection system is available in three different thicknesses:
- SYSTEM 25
- 25 mm Ausführungsstärke
- 2,99 kg Gewicht/lfm
- 200 mm Dammbalkenhöhe
- 15 mm Falz
- SYSTEM 50
- 50 mm Ausführungsstärke
- 5,62 kg/4,12 kg Gewicht/lfm
- 150 mm/200 mm Dammbalkenhöhe
- 15 mm Falz
- SYSTEM 80
- 80 mm Ausführungsstärke
- 7,78 kg Gewicht/lfm
- 200 mm Dammbalkenhöhe
- 15 mm Falz
MOUNTING PROFILE (FOR PROPERTY PROTECTION)
The permanent mounting profiles can be installed in three ways: in the reveal, behind the reveal, or in front of the reveal. The fastener dimensions are calculated on a case-by-case basis according to static requirements to suit the overall system. Inserted system seals made of EPDM foam rubber prevent water from penetrating.
MOUNTING UPRIGHT (FOR PERIMETER PROTECTION)
The 50-mm system weighs only 9.4 kg, and the 80-mm system weighs 11.3 kg per metre. When installing the system for the first time, a ground sleeve should be mounted in advance on a suitable supporting structure. The uprights are easily anchored to the ground sleeve by means of a bayonet locking device without the need for any special tools. Additional supports can be provided if necessary.
- 140 mm/186 mm Durchmesser
- 600-2.190 mm Höhe
- 50 mm/80 mm Ausführungsstärke
- 170 mm/230 mm Durchmesser
- 420 mm Tiefe
COMPRESSION CLAMP (PROPERTY AND PERIMETER PROTECTION)
The panels are fixed at the top by two compression clamps. The compression clamp screws are gently tightened using an Allen key (alternatively: screws with a cross handle can be used). The compression clamps prevent the profile from rising until the panels fill with water, increasing the contact pressure of the seals. The compression clamps can be removed during use to allow the system to be extended, if required.
- 160 mm Länge
- 0,45 kg Gewicht
DEMOUNTABLE FLOOD BARRIER – POSSIBLE USES
PREFA’s flood protection system offers individual solutions in two areas which can be used both for private use and for company buildings: property protection and perimeter protection
With the special aluminium barrier panels, windows, doors and door openings which are at particular risk during flooding can be quickly sealed off.